Install Dev 6 on Oracle 8i?

From: dgreen <greensleeves_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:53:40 GMT

I'm attempting to install Developer 6 on an NT 4/SP 3 workstation. According to the online release notes, (dated Mar. 99) which don't mention 8i server at all, the preferred server version is 8.0.5, with WAS 4.0.7

I have tried installing D6 on server 8.0.4, not realizing that I needed to install WAS before D6 (according to the release notes). When I did this, the installer said that it would have to replace some files which would kill my database.

I then removed 8.0.4, and installed 8i (no WAS). I installed D6 on top of this, which seemed to work. At the end it stated that it could not go into the default Oracle home. So I have been re-reading the install notes.

Question is, can (or should) D6 be installed onto Oracle 8i? If so, do I also need to install WAS and if so, which version?

dgreen