Converting SQL Server database to Oracle. Help.

From: Brad Pybus <brad_pybus_nospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:49:02 GMT

I want to be able to transfer a database structure from SQL Server to Oracle 8i. I'm looking for any suggestions about how I should go about doing this. Is there any good documentation out there that shows how SQL Server concepts map to Oracle concepts?? For instance, can you treat a "group" in SQL Server like a "role" in Oracle, etc..?

I have an SQL script that will completely generate my database structure on the SQL Server... It includes generating the users, groups, privileges, indexes, tables, and triggers, etc. What I'd like to be able to do is convert this SQL script to an equivalent Oracle script so that I can run this script to generate the equivalent Oracle database.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

     Brad Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 18:49:02 CEST

Original text of this message