Using Internet Explorer 4.0 as a Help System

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:32:40 +0100

We are planning to develop a Forms application in Forms 6.0, client server (not Web Forms).
We have agreed to provide a context sensitive help system, and are considering
trying to set up an intranet with HTML pages as help files, and invoking it from Forms to provide
Help - we could also then use IE4 to deliver the manual and training documentation
and integrate the whole lot together.

Has anyone done this before?
Any hints or tips?
Any ideas why this would/wouldn't be a good idea? Any other experiences of writing Help System (e.g. using an MS-Help compiler)

All info gratefully received.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 23:32:40 CEST

Original text of this message