Re: Forms query on a non base table item

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_nospam.flash.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:18:36 GMT

I have read several responses to your post and it appears that either I or everyone else missed the point. I believe the question was, how do you allow QUERY on a non-base table item. I have to make some assumptions
here to make it work:
1. I assume you are in some way allowing them into something like enter-query mode.
2. I assume you are using the base functionality of key-execute-query or similar

To accomplish this
1. check for not null condition in your non-base table item: customer name
2. If it is not null, dynamically set the where clause for the base table block based on
a subquery from the customer table:

WHERE customer_code IN (

    SELECT customer_code
    FROM customer
    WHERE UPPER(customer_code) LIKE
'%'||UPPER(LTRIM(RTRIM(:b_order.customer_name)))||'%')

3. execute the query.

Loyal Barber
BLT Soft Incorporated

--
The difference between Windows 95 and 98?
3!