Forms / Report Sever and Development

From: Jerry Alan Braga <jabraga_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:57:57 -0400

How much do you have to change in your development in order to use Forms / Reports Server technology.

We have to install our application across a WAN and the administration of FAT client will most likely be a nightmare not to mention the network traffic will be huge even with DML array processing. Being that Oracle does not certify CITRIX and want you to use the Forms/Reports Server technology, what about the following:

  1. What are the advantages/disadvanatages to use the Forms / Reports server vs FAT client setup?
  2. Can you use the exact same form for both, or are there limitations one vs the other?
  3. How are the application deployed on to the server?
  4. How does the client access them (WWW brower I am sure, but what is the link to where)?
  5. Assuming WWW brower, IE or Netscape and which is the best version of either?
  6. What kind of processing power is required at the server end?
  7. Any other things I should know?

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 14:57:57 CEST

Original text of this message