SQL*Loader Question?

From: <vishu2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:39:12 GMT

Greetings,

[Quoted]   I was trying to load about 120 rows of data with the delimiter '%'   using the following control file:

      LOAD DATA
      INFILE 'C:\1.txt'
      BADFILE 'C:\1.BAD'
      DISCARDFILE 'C:\1.DIS'
      INSERT INTO TABLE FILE
      FIELDS TERMINATED BY '%'
      TRAILING NULLCOLS
      ( col1,
	col2,
	col3,
	col4,
	col5,
	col6,
	col7,
	col8,
	col9,
	col10,
	col11)

  And the file containing the data is as follows

  NAME1    %  NAME2     %  NAME3    %  DOB         %  ADDRESS     %
  CITY     %  STATE      %  ZIP       %  PHONE_NO    %   SSN            %
  COMMENTS   I have the following questions:
  1. The original data file that I have has a word wrap around it and there is no way that I can change it. So how does it do the data migration effectively using SQL*Loader? [Quoted]
  2. Using the above procedure I am getting the following error using the Data Manager application: SQL*Loader-605: Non-data independent ORACLE error occured - load discontinued. Commit point reached - logical record count 22.
     I tried with just one row and still the same problem occurs.
     Also all the fields in the Oracle database table is varchar2.

     Any suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Vishwa
vishu2_at_hotmail.com