Memory leak problem

From: Yaron Adler <yadler_at_hypernix.co.il>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:46:39 +0200

Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a huge problem I got:

While working with Oracle objects for OLE (version 2.3.2.2.0) I encounter this problem:
After declaring an OSession object and ODatabase object, I tried to run the following lines of code continuously. I discovered that the computer's (oracle client) memory increasing consistently (to enormous sizes).
These kind of memory leak occures only when using OTYPE_CURSORparameters !

Example code:

 OParameterCollection params = m_pDatabase.GetParameters();  params.Add("LIST_CURSOR",NULL,OPARAMETER_OUTVAR,OTYPE_CURSOR);  if (m_pDatabase.ExecuteSQL("begin SqlQuery(:LIST_CURSOR); end;") != OSUCCESS)
 {
  m_pDatabase.GetParameters().Remove("LIST_CURSOR");   return;
 }
 m_pDatabase.GetParameters().Remove("LIST_CURSOR");

It is obvious that the oracle client was supposed to free the memmory allocated in this operation, but it doesn't.

Did any of you encountered this problem before? How did you solve it?

Please help
Yaron Adler Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 20:46:39 CEST

Original text of this message