Oracle News from The Database Domain

From: Kathleen O'Connor <koconnor_at_dbdomain.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:39:57 -0700

The Database Domain News Update
emailnews_at_dbdomain.com
http://www.dbdomain.com
       The Database Domain is a service provided by
                 Animated Learning, Inc.
            (http://www.animatedlearning.com)
                   TOP STORIES

Following are abstracts of the top stories for this week. Please visit http://www.dbdomain.com/news.htm for the full text of all of these stories.

  • THE DATABASE DOMAIN CAREER CORNER ----- This week, we showcase a recent ComputerWorld Magazine Technology Skills Scope article highlighted Oracle database administrators (DBAs). Lots of juicy information, including a table of salary potentials for DBAs, application developers, applications analysts, and applications programmers.
  • HOTTEST-SELLING ORACLE BOOKS ----- Visit our site to find out what the hottest selling Oracle books are and how you can get Oracle books at 20% - 30% off retail prices!
  • NEW NAME, SAME GREAT BOOKSTORE! ----- In case you haven't noticed – our bookstore partner, ComputerLiteracy.com changed their name to Fatbrain.com! You can benefit directly from this name change with a chance to win cash and cool prizes and get a sweet discount of purchases!
  • ORACLE8.I FREE CD IS SHIPPING ----- DOWNLOAD ORACLE8.I ON NT OR SOLARIS FOR FREE Find out how to get your copy of Oracle8.i for free.
  • GET ALL YOUR ORACLE Y2K INFORMATION AT ONE SITE ----- Y2K patches, whitepapers, and more.
  • ORACLE HAS A NEW INTERNET PRICING MODEL ----- The current pricing model isn’t confusing enough for you? Oracle’s introducing a new Internet pricing model just for you.
  • NEW XML MESSAGE BROKER AND APPLICATION SERVER RELEASE -----
    • UPCOMING ORACLE TRAINING COURSE ADDITIONS AND A PRICE INCREASE --
    • DISCOUNTS ON ORACLE CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL EXAMS --
    • FREE WORLDWIDE BETA OPPORTUNITY: DATABASE OPERATOR EXAMS --
    • FREE ORACLE Y2K UPGRADES --
    • FREE ORACLE DESIGNER ARTICLE BY KENT GRAZIANO --
    • ORACLE8.I DOCUMENTATION ONLINE NOW --

UPCOMING ORACLE EVENTS

June 14 - 17
ODTUG (Oracle Development Tools User Group) Spring ‘99 Conference The Marriott Harbor Beach Resort, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida http://www.odtug.com
1.910.452.7444
fax: 1.910.452.7834

June 21 – 25
EOUG (European Oracle Users Group) Conference & Exhibition 1999 More than 200 sessions; focus on best practice and the latest Oracle technology trends and directions
http://www.eoug.com

(for a complete listing of events,
visit http://www.dbdomain.com/events.htm)

www.dbdomain.com is vigilantly anti-spam Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 17:39:57 CEST