Re: RADIO BUTTONS?!?!??!?!HELP!!!!!!!

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 18:10:09 GMT

mcotter_at_my-dejanews.com kirjoitteli seuraavaa:

>Does anyone know how to EFFECTIVELY use RADION BUTTONS in FORMS 5.0.?? I
>want to use a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on a button, that will fire one of
>two queries based on what RADIO BUTTON is selected, but seeing how you can't
>determine WHAT button is selected (ie. RADIO-BUTTON value) then how in the
>heck can one do this.

If I remember right, you don't have to care about individual buttons, just radio group, which value is currently selected radio button.

temp:=:right_block.radio_group_name;

should work. (haven't tried that in many years so my memory may fail me.)

>And don't tell me to use the WHEN-RADIO-BUTTON-CHANGED
>trigger , because that seems to only work once, but not time and time again
>as I'd like for it to do.

It fires only when radio group's value changes, ie. you select another button.

Tuomas

--
hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.