Int. Agent and security ?

From: SteKranzi <stekranzi_at_aol.com>
Date: 19 Apr 1999 18:40:56 GMT

Hello,
[Quoted] we have a problem with the agent of Oracle 8.0.5.1. I am a unix admi and the dba wants to run the agent on solaris 2.6. I found some security problems in using the operating system jobs. There is no logging of incorrect logins and oracle did not use the su-command (something like exec with own security checks). The big problem is, the agent (dbsnmp) is running as root. You know the problem??? Please help..... Thanks. Stephan

stekranzi_at_aol.com Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 20:40:56 CEST

Original text of this message