OLE, Word95 and Word97 problem

From: <nwgarside_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 02:23:30 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I have a Forms 4.5 application that currently uses the OLE2 package to talk to Word95. I'm in the process of upgrading the application to use Word97 but have come across a small problem, in that replacing the line:

  Word95App := OLE2.CREATE_OBJ('Word.Basic'); --Starts Word95

with the following:

  Word97App := OLE2.CREATE_OBJ('Word.Application'); --Starts Word97

...starts a new instance of Word97 every time I call this line! Word95 didn't behave the same way; calling Word.Basic always used the same instance of Word95, whereas calling Word.Application creates a new instance of Word97 every time Word.Application is called.

Does anyone know how to get Word97 to behave the same as Word95, so that calling OLE2.CREATE_OBJ('Word.Application') (or some other function) returns a handle to an already running instance of Word97?

Thanks for your time...

Neil W. Garside (Brisbane, Australia)