Q. Pro/C and Stored Procedures

From: Kim Limbrick <kim_at_kiml.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:29:23 +0100

[Quoted] I can't seem to get what should be a trivial piece of code working and have been going around in circles with the documentation. I have the following code in my C program which works fine..

EXEC SQL EXECUTE
  BEGIN
   calcDate('01-Jan-1999', '01-Dec-1999', :returnDate);   END;
 END-EXEC;

  • calcDate is a stored procedure.

If I want to do this dynamically I am led to believe that all I have to do it set a string host variable to the PL/SQL block and PREPARE then EXECUTE it. When I do that I get runtime errors indicating a SQL error. What I'm not sure about is how much of the above PL/SQL block do I include in the string?. Any ideas?

Many thanks Received on Sat Apr 17 1999 - 01:29:23 CEST

Original text of this message