Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager Question

From: Barth Siemens <nospam_at_uniserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:00:05 GMT

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:52:14 GMT, shan168 <shan168_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:

>I have two Oracle8 servers - one production and one development, both are on
>NT4 and both are located in different sites. Now my question is: should I
>create TWO separate OEM repositories for jobs/events scheduling or just ONE
>is enough? Any advantages or disadvantages? Any commments/suggestions are
>appreciated!

I can see no disadvantages to having ONE repository, but would tend to think that one advantage would be "remote" data loads, backups and restores from one location. I've actually seen one repository handle in excess of thirty instances in remote locations across the continent without any difficulties.

--
Barth Siemens
Change the email address from nospam to bsiemens.