Re: Can I load using a script.

From: Ed Prochak <prochae_at_diebold.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:15:35 -0400

If by "script" you mean an SQL script, then the answer may be yes. Assuming your cleanup is essentially a select from the dirty table, you can use the CREATE TABLE..AS SELECT command in your script.

Your can create the table for intermediate data, then INSERT it into your final table. When done, you can just DROP the intermediate table. This is a common data conversion technique.

NetScans wrote in message <3714219F.DAEB72CA_at_ix.netcom.com>...
>I have written a script that cleans up some old data out of a table then
>I use SQL Loader to load the new data. Is there a load command that I
>can use within the script?
>

>Thanks,
>Moises

Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.
Oracle Consulting services.
440-498-3702 Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 21:15:35 CEST

Original text of this message