Designer 2.1.2: Wrong code generated for LOV record group?

From: Roy Brokvam <roy.brokvam_at_conax.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:31:14 +0200

[Quoted] [Quoted] If I define a where-clause in a Lookup Table usage, the Generate Forms utility puts my clause into the generated record group for the LOV.

[Quoted] My problem is that the generated clause contains two mutually exclusive parts; one part for Enter-Query mode and another for Normal mode; and my own clause goes into the Enter-Query mode part only.

The result is: At runtime, in Enter Query mode, the LOV contains only the restricted set of lookup records; in Insert/Update mode, the LOV contains all the lookup table's records. I don't want the LOV to show values which should be rejected on insert/update! As the LOV is used for validation, too, the generated application does not reject new records which violates my restriction!

Versions:

NT4 SP3
Designer 2.1.2 / Form Generator 5.0.24.3.0 RDBMS 7.3.4.0.1 Grateful for any help.

Regards,

Roy Brokvam
roy.brokvam_at_conax.com Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 13:31:14 CEST

Original text of this message