Oracle Application Server 4.0

From: Ted Martinez <tmartinez_at_sql-integrator.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:01:54 -0400

[Quoted] I have the following problem,

I'm trying to install oracle application server 4.0 on a stand-alone NT 4.0 system. I have done everything the documentation tells me to do and when I want to start things up with the application server manager I get the following error :

Please wait while the command is being processed on host nb29 ... Starting ORB processes...
Returning filename D:\ORANT\orb\admin\.event waiting for ORB to be ready...
ORB is not responding. Please restart manually... OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb processes can not be started.

I have the following configuration :
- NT workstation 4.0 with service pack 4

  • Oracle enterprise server 8.0.4
  • Oracle application server 4.0.6.4.0

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong. Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 01:01:54 CEST

Original text of this message