Forms and Reports on the web - HOW?

From: <dperez_at_juno_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 02:26:42 GMT

I stuck this in here from dejanews this morning, but I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT WENT! I have a standalone NT box on which I have Oracle 8.0.5, Developer 2.1 and [Quoted] such... I want to play with and test building forms and reports and being able [Quoted] to run them from Netscape........

ORACLE APPEARS to insist that the reports cartridge (and forms cartridge?) and the reports server ALL get installed when you install developer. NOT TRUE... The files (like r30mts32 for the reports server) are ON THE CD, but I CANNOT get [Quoted] them to install........

SO, do I need an application server or what? Or not? From reading the documentation I figured out what the reports cartridge does, and sort-of how it works. AND I created a report and wrote the html file.

So, can SOMEBODY tell me EXACTLY what I've got to do so I can create a report, RUN it from Netscape (not STATIC data, have the REPORT RUN and get the current data), and display the output in Netscape........ Same for a form......

I presume this IS INTUITIVELY obvious but I'M MISSING IT! Received on Sat Apr 10 1999 - 04:26:42 CEST

Original text of this message