sql script which doesn't find everything

From: sandy weinberg <sweinberg_at_callmax.nl>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 14:43:25 GMT

[Quoted] I'm a beginner with SQL queries and this is driving me crazy. I've created the following query:

select number, subscription_duration, po_expiry_date, subscription_start_date
from handles
where subscription_duration not like 'F' and po_expiry_date > '1-jan-98'
and subscription_start_date < '1-jan-98' order by po_expiry_date, maxer_number;

The problem is if I do a query WITHOUT subscription_duration not like 'F', I get a total of 19990 records.

If I do a query with subscription_duration like 'F', I get a total of 412.

So, I should have 19478 records? Or not???

I hope somebody can help me to sharpen this query!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely yours,

Sandy. Received on Fri Apr 09 1999 - 16:43:25 CEST

Original text of this message