JDeveloper applet does not work on WEB

From: Paola Rosiello <prosiell_at_esrin.esa.it>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 11:06:30 +0200

Hi.
We have programmed and applet in JDeveloper 1.1 and running it with the applet viewer of JDeveloper 1.1 its works, but when we try to deploy it in the Web server it does not run. We have followed all the notes in the Oracle JDeveloper Manual related to deploy applets, I mean, the rebuild of the project, the addition of the packages we use and the creation of the JAR file. Even we have copied the classes to the Web server and, of course, the .html and .jar files.
It looks like it ould work (at the beginning) but after some seconds a message appears (and in the Java Console too). After this, the applet does not work (the graphical representation appears but no the data of the Oracle Database that it should load, and there is not any functionality in the buttons Insert, Delete and Save data in the database
that we have programmed).
Following it is the message that we received in the Java console. Java Console Message:
"com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx[borland/sql/dataset/Database.addDriver]:

Unable to access system properties (plus a lot of at identifying the classes)"

We think this message appears due to this line: bevelPanel2.add(gridControl1, BorderLayout.CENTER) And added to this there is a message telling that the there is an error in a
DataSet reopen.

If anybody needs any further details do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Paola. Received on Fri Apr 09 1999 - 11:06:30 CEST

Original text of this message