Re: Form 4.5 default commit processing

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 8 Apr 1999 15:37:20 GMT

In article <7efp0t$3ej$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <mtproc_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>I want to replace the 'Do you wish to commit changes you have made' dialog
>box in Forms 4.5. Obviously this box is instigated from a number of scenarios
>so my question is, is there a way of trapping it in one place.

That prompt appears before you exit the form or execute a new query, because Forms' automatic processing finds the status of a base-table record somewhere in your form is set to CHANGED, or you have a base-table block with a record with status set to INSERT.

You can issue a CLEAR_FORM(NO_VALIDATE,FULL_ROLLBACK); if you don't want to see that prompt, but you will need to do it from the several triggers or processes in the form where the prompt pops up. We use a procedure that includes this in some cases where the user really wants to wipe out any uncommitted changes.

But if your form's status is switching to 'CHANGED' for reasons other than the user entering changes he or she wants to throw away, then you should clean up the code and take care of it in other ways.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 17:37:20 CEST

Original text of this message