Re: Data import problem.

From: Juhan Kundla <juhan_at_ensib.ee>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 14:36:33 +0300

Svetlana Pelesheva wrote:

> Hi,
> We have two Oracle tables with exactly the same structure and it is
> necessary to import data of table1 into table 2. Import puts into table2
>
> all the new records from table1. But if record's ID from table1 is equal
>
> ID from table2 it doesn't make update for these records. Help!
>
> Thanks forward.

No tere kooliġde...:)

If I understood you correctly, then, I think, you should check if there is whether unique or primary key constraint on id field. You can disable this constraint and then import data into table, but before enableing constraint again you must alter values in id field to make them all unique.

Juhan Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 13:36:33 CEST

Original text of this message