Re: how manys characters can be put in a varchar

From: Hanz Heike <HHanz_at_apcsrv2.ip.kp.dlr.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:24:45 +0200

Version 6... was able to store 256 Byte within a char field (which corresponds to the varchar2 fields nowadays) for storing more Byte in a Table you had to use Long fields

Within PL/SQL V2 (RDBMS 7.3.4) you can have more bytes in a varchar2 variable! I tried to read and format the contents of the user_views Text column from PL/SQL and it worked fine!

Heike