Re: Invoking server side SQLLDR thro D2K

From: Alonso Behrens <AlonsoBehrens_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:27:06 GMT

I've done something similar before with the help of a "UNIX/DB Scheduler" (from Computer Associates and with Oracle's concurrent manager in Oracle Financial; and I know threre are other brands...) This type of programs kinda allows you to insert a row in a table (from a form); the row contains filename (OS level) or stored procedure (DB) etc. to be executed. You can schedule the run for later or do it right at that moment. So, since the concurrent manager (or whatever scheduler) lives in a UNIX box, "it will execute your program on the server side". I know those programs are expensive but hey... good luck
Ignacio Alonso.

RMalathker <rmalathker_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:19990405222800.27287.00002695_at_ng-fb1.aol.com...
> Dear all,
>
> Is there is a way in which I can invoke SQLLDR (SQL*Loader) on the server
side
> (we have Oracle 7.3, HP UX) through a form, say developed in Forms 4.5 ?
I am