Re: Extracting data directly from Export file?

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:10:12 +0200

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 4:39:30 +0200, David Diano wrote (in message <370973E2.977FA723_at_diano.com>):

> We exported a database with some very large Tables (even for Oracle) and
> cannot import the tables back into an instance. (Don't ask why, part of
> answer involves Oracle bug for which we didn't have the patch.) We would
> like to be able to run some program that would extract a single table from
> the EXPORT file and just dump it into a simple TEXT file (rather that import
> it back to Oracle). Once the data has been dumped into a single text file,
> we can break it up into smaller pieces or use an editor to solve any
> remaining problems.
>
> Is there a utility program that can read/extract data directly from an
> Oracle EXPORT file? (I would think this would a very useful tool to have, so
> someone might have already created one or know where Oracle may have hidden
> it.)
>
> Thanks in advance, David Diano

Hi David

this is why I wrote expload. It's no click and point tool and it's far from ready or polished. It is usable if you know c. Someone has already used it to correct a corrupted expdat.dmp file.

You can get the code if you like.

--
The best way to accellerate a computer running windows is at 9.8 m/s^2