Re: help: sqlldr control file

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 4 Apr 1999 16:02:00 GMT

>Hi there, I have a outside source data file that contains 3 column seperated
>by tab. However, the data of the 3rd column itself has embedded tabs: A0001
> B0001 C0001 a1 a2 a3
>
>'A0001' is 1st column, 'B0001' is 2nd column, 'C0001 a1 a2 a3'
>is the 3rd column that has embedded tabs(number of tabs are different in
>different records). How can I define in the control file to load this using
>sqlldr?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Ed

In the .CTL file, you can specify how each field is terminated separately. You can also use relative positioning to specify the fields.

Look in the SQLLOADER documentation for more details.

Hope that helps a little

Dan Hekimian-Williams   Received on Sun Apr 04 1999 - 18:02:00 CEST

Original text of this message