Listener won't start

From: Russ and Mary <galatians6_9_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:40:36 -0500

[Quoted] Hey folks,

[Quoted]     I have an NT 4.0 SP3 box with Oracle 7.3 running. We had an instance running ok, until we had a vendor came in and install some new software which required another instance for it. To make a long story short, the previous instance quit running....after some fooling around, after a partial [Quoted] restore, I got the previous instance running again, but now the listener won't start. Both files, tnsnames.ora and listener.ora seem to be correct, they are not the ones from the restore and have both instances listed. When I select the listener in the Services box, I get an error message that says something like...unable to start listener...Internal Windows NT error. Obviously I am missing something. What other files are critical in the running of the listener? Any other way to synchronize these two files so listener will work?
I would appreciate any help, or direction.....I am really under the gun here.

Thanks,

Russ
Learning Oracle the hard way
rmbraat_at_ftc-i.net Received on Sun Apr 04 1999 - 00:40:36 CEST

Original text of this message