Re: Oracle Discoverer Joins

From: Mark Gornicki <mark_at_gornicki.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 00:27:27 +0100

Hi,
I think your talking about "Fan-Traps" e.g when we write sql we can prevent cartisean products via the where clause, Discoverer though cannot handle this because of the way it works. If so it is NOT fixed in 308
BUT
if you get v3.1 there is an option to stop fan-trap detection thus relying on you to specify the correct conditions (dodgy but necessary in many cases).

In the meantime you must do something like the following to work around this :

In Admin Layer

Detail1 (Master)

Detail2 (Child / Master)

Detail3 (Child)