Accessing Oracle w/ CGI

From: Douglas McCarroll <douglas_at_brightworks_notspam.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 00:57:25 -0500

Hello All,

I don't even qualify as a newbie - I'm considering jumping in. So this is a very big picture inquiry - I'm not even sure I know the right questions!

Is it possible to access data in an Oracle DB using HTTP post or get calls? I assume that I'd be making calls to a CGI script which would then access Oracle, but am open to any other approaches.

I'm not interested in a solution like WebDB's ability to create data-based web pages - the reason is that I want to use Shockwave applets - rather than simple HTML pages - to make the post and/or get calls. The Shockwave plugin interfaces directly with the browser and initiates the calls without the benefit of any HTML get/post code.

TIA Douglas McCarroll Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 07:57:25 CEST

Original text of this message