help! any known Pro*C arrayinsert indexing bugs??

From: <flaggedatbest_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 15:49:28 GMT

Hello.

I am using Pro*C version 8.0.5.1.0 and HPUX version 11.0.

I have a C program that does array inserts. If the array insert fails because of a constraint error, I reload the array by reindexing the array (I copy the array to a temp array where entry 0 is the entry after the one that Oracle flagged as a violation) I use a 'for' clause to indicate the smaller array.

I am using the sqlca.sqlerrd[2] value to determine how many records were successfully loaded.

I found that in my testing that sqlca.sqlerrd[2] did not contain the correct index. Consistantly, if in the current batch that I was loading there was a contraint violation, It always seemed to be off by 170 records.

Is this a known problem???
Any advice appreciated!!

-Dan

dantill_at_nationalfraud.com