Process blocking

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 15:58:17 GMT

I have noticed intermitent problems with one application blocking until another application performs a commit. These are two seperate but long running transactions.

[Quoted] I have tracked it down to where the first transaction is blocking but I don't know how to determine why it is blocking. The first app is trying to delete a row from the same table the second app is updating a single row. They are not the same row, however.

Any pointer as to where I should look to determine the problem would be appreciated.

--
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address