Re: Performance Oracle Applications 10.7NCA on HP9000

From: <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 14:16:10 +0200

Ton van Renswoude wrote:

> We have serious performance problems with our Oracle Applications
> 10.7NCA application. We have both the application
> and the database standing on our HP9000 D270 multiprocessor server. Who
> does have the same configuration and can tell us
> something about the performance of their system.

Nope, I don't

> It also seems that the
> database output is rerouted over the network.

This is in the configuration of the Application Server: it looks for the (networked) address of the server.
It used to be possible to configure it for a local database - don't have it here at hand, but check it out.

On the other hand, are you sure the RDBMS/App Server link is where the bottleneck is? Is it not the network,
clients (it's all Java - isn't it?), or the RDBMS itself?

Good luck
Met vriendelijke groet,
Frank Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 14:16:10 CEST

Original text of this message