Re: Designer 2000 v2.1.2 - saving problems in the Design Editor when Reverse Engineering

From: <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 13:44:40 +0200

Jason Ladew wrote:

> I am running v212 for design, using Design Editor, I do a Capture
> database. The DB I am capturing is on a 7.3.4 DB on AIX and the designer
> is on NT with the repository on a V8.05 DB.

I have been doing that (apart that it wasn't 7.3.4, but 7.3.3.5), and had similar problems.
However, once the errors from capturing were gone, I managed to save all in the repository.
I never bothered to save on a diagram, as a diagram can always be created from the repository
data - any diagram in Des2k is just a raphical representation of data in the repository.

So, all advise I have for you is to try to rev. eng. without errors, until your data is in the rep.
Only then, create diagram(s).

Cheers,
Frank Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 13:44:40 CEST

Original text of this message