Re: Oracle Developer 2000

From: Sunder <Sunder.nochilur_at_pcm.bosch.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:34:05 -0500

  1. You should use the POST,PRE,ON triggers these fire for each record. I you could be more specific as to when you want to perform the validation I can give a more specific answer.
  2. Your code will be executed always because when the form is not in ENTER-QUERY mode it will be in NORMAL mode. If you want the code to execute when in QUERY mode the condition would be as follows

if :system.mode = 'ENTER-QUERY' then

3. If you are using D2k 1.3 are greater version then in the registry add the file path to the string forms45_path in user_local_machine\software\oracle

    If you are working on D2k 1.2 the add the path to the variable in oracle.ini in c:\windows.

Sunder

smita27_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7dovf7$22t$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
I am learning Developer 2000 and am working on a project now and am facing some problems. I wd be very grateful if anyone cd help me out.

  1. In a master-detail form: In the detail part of the form if i have multiline items..eg. Part_Id (Records displayed/fetched = 4) ..How do i distinguish each instance of the item 'Part_id'(out of the 4 or more instances). The reason i ask is i wd like to validate each time the user enters a part_id that he is not repeating one that he has already entered in the first or any prior line!
  2. If i have Save and Query in the same form and i try to move on to query mode why do my validations(when-vaidate-item) for the items in the form trigger off when i have specifically said 'If :system.mode = 'NORMAL' then...' To avoid this for now i have resolved by keeping all the validations in the Save button,but is that the only solution?

3.I have created a menu and generated it. Then i have attached it to a form. But now when i run the form i get an error saying 'Cannot read the file('C: \....menu_name.mmx') and it also displays an error number.And then i get another error box saying Error creating menu!. Is there some place i can look
up this error no: or any other error no: for that matter. Can u also let me know why i am getting this error cos i have generated the menu b4 attaching it
to the form and the .mmb and .mmx i checked exist in the same directory to which i am referencing to!
If any of u cd address my problems and give me solutions and suggest some good
books i wd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Smita