Net8 Connection Manager's cman.ora file doesn't work

From: Karen Byrd <byrd_at_mscf.med.upenn.edu>
Date: 27 Mar 1999 10:58:11 GMT

We are trying to use Net8 Connection Manager's cman.ora file to establish connection rules to our Oracle database. But it appears as if this file is not being accessed and/or read. Yes the Connection manager is running.

I'm aware that the client tnsnames.ora file should have source route equal to yes. And that the client sqlnet.ora should have use_cman = true.

However the behavior is that clients that are not part of my cman rules list can still get to the Oracle server.

Anyone have any insight into this?

--
Karen Byrd