6781 DATE Formatting with Oracle Developer

From: <kevinr75_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:41:12 GMT

Hello

[Quoted] I am using Oracle forms 5.

[Quoted] I am trying to accomplish the following effect.

I want my users to enter date in format MM/DD/YYYY. This I set in the format [Quoted] mask in the property palette of the text item.

However when a record is saved or updated I want to add to the date that a preset time '23:59:59'.

So if the user enters 12/19/1974, I want the database to store 12/19/1975 23:59:59

I know I can do this at the database level with insert and update trigger but [Quoted] is there anyway to do this with oracle forms.

Any ideas.

Thanks