Re: JDBC & Visual Cafe

From: Tilen Skraba <tilen.skraba_at_igea.si>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:27:37 GMT

Hi!

I work with JBuilder and JDeveloper not with Visual Cafe... ... but I think that it Visual Cafe as a tool for Java development should support Oracle's JDBC drivers as they are JDK compatible.

In JBuilder we must specify which libraries are used in design mode. This is specified in JBuilder.ini file under

[Java global]
IDEClassPath = ....

Perhaps Visual Cafe uses something similar to this.

To the question which drivers you should use...
classes111.zip... designed for use with JDK 1.1.1 and higher
classes106.zip... designed for use with JDK 1.0.6

Tilen