Re: Starting a job from NT 4.0 Form 5.0 on to another UNIX database server

From: Robert Jones <rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:03:38 GMT

Hi,

We have our own job server which does this - runs in shell on Unix and Tcl on NT. When a user submits a job we write a record to a table. A server program then reads this table at regular intervals and kicks off the jobs. You can also use PIPES to do this - there are numerous examples in Oracle books - PL/SQL Programming gude.