Re: Forms 4.5 Menu Security - Help!

From: Rick <Rick.UK_at_nospambtinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:00:10 +0000

Mark wrote:

> Can anyone help with this one?
>
> I have set up some roles (supervisor, operator etc) on Oracle 7.3.3
> and assigned users to these roles. I have also followed the
> instructions for enabling role based menu security for Forms 4.5
> (enabled the use security option in the menu module, gone through each
> of the menu items and selected the roles that can access the menu
> item, and so on) but when I go to run the application, I get the
> message "FRM-10247 - No active items in root menu of application".
>
> As far as I can see, I've done everything by the book - has anyone
> else had experience of this? I've especially checked the menu items in
> the menu root, and each of them has each of the roles highlighted in
> the 'menu item roles' section, and the 'display without priviledge'
> bit below is set to 'true'
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mark Rittman
> Toyota Motor Finance
> mrittman_at_tmf-europe.com
Hi Mark

I'm fairly sure I've come across this problem before, but unfortunately it was about 3 years ago - so I can't remember the solution. Although I do seem to remember there is some SQL that needs to be run on the server to allow the roles to be used by Forms. It's in the documentation somewhere.

HTH Rick Received on Tue Mar 23 1999 - 16:00:10 CET

Original text of this message