Re: Why can't we all just get along?

From: toadman <toadman_at_toadsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:46:36 -0500

Oracle development tools are like programmer's editors: each of us who use one is inevitably going to think the one we personally use is the best. But the truth is that we each use tools in slightly different ways. We are accustomed to different interfaces. We either like Sql*Plus or we loath it. We want gui hand-holding or we don't. The best tool for YOU might not be the best tool for ME. The truly "best" tool is the one that is best for each user.

It's one thing to recommend your favorite tool but it's possible to do so without bashing other tools which might not operate exactly as the one you prefer. Let's not turn enthusiasm for a piece of software into a religious war.

Ultimately, every Oracle developer should try out every tool and wring it out. Does it work the way you want to work or do you have to adapt to the way IT wants to work? Then stick with the one that fits. Received on Mon Mar 22 1999 - 20:46:36 CET

Original text of this message