Re: Help me with PO8

From: Patrick Flahan <flahan_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:17:40 -0500

Try this. It will avoid the hassle of having to mess with listeners.

Installing Personal Oracle 8.0x:

When you install PO8 you have to install 'Oracle Networking Products 2.3.4.0.2'. This option includes 'SQL*Net 2.3.4.0.2' and the 'Oracle Protocol Adapters' (Named Pipes, SPX & TCP/IP). At the end you should have installed SQL*Net 8.0.x & 2.3.4.0.2 and Oracle Protocol Adapters 8.0.x & 2.3.4.0.0.

Sequel Solutions <akolkman_at_sequel.nl> wrote in message news:36F654F9.27A8CCC2_at_sequel.nl...
> Dear Vishal,
>
> Your listener.ora (in oracle/network/admin-directory) must have only one
> entry.
> This is how I have it:
>
> LISTENER =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS =
> (PROTOCOL = TCP)
> (Host = 127.0.0.1)
> (Port = 1521)
> )
> )
> STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
> CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
> TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ADMIN
> SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> (SID_LIST =
> (SID_DESC =
> (SID_NAME = ORCL)
> )
> )
>
> You must start the listener-daemon on your PC running lsnrctl.exe A
dos-box is
> diplayed and you give the command: start.
> (On my PC then for some strange reason the Netscape-explorer tries to
connect
> to the Internet but I cancel that).
> You should see no errors.
>
> Another thing is your tnsnames.ora. You can connect to the Oracle-database
> (using 127.0.0.1) with as host the tcp-loopback.
> This is how tcp-loopback should be defined in tnsname.ora:
>
> Tcp-loopback.world =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS =
> (COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
> (PROTOCOL = TCP)
> (Host = 127.0.0.1)
> (Port = 1521)
> )
> )
> (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
> )
> )
>
> I hope I have helped you with this.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Arthur Kolkman / Seequel Solutions
>

> Vishal wrote:
>
> > HI
> >
> > Could someone please help me with the installation of Personal
Oracle