Re: Forms 5.0 compile

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 21 Mar 1999 22:46:20 GMT

In article <36ed1323.0_at_news.euroconnect.dk>, Gert Pedersen <glp_at_ecsoft.dk> wrote:
>I have a Form 5.0 module that uses a table that does not exists in the
>database, but it is still possible to compile and run the module without
>getting any error messages or warnings. Can anyone help me with this?
>
>I would like to get an error or warning if the table does not exists.

Forms allows you to create a base-table block assigned to a table that does not exist at compile-time. If you want to assure that the table exists, add some pl/sql code in a trigger or procedure, something like this:

  DECLARE CURSOR C IS SELECT COL1 FROM MY_TABLE;   BEGIN NULL; END; The trigger or procedure will not compile if MY_TABLE does not exist.

HTH
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Sun Mar 21 1999 - 23:46:20 CET

Original text of this message