Re: To Oracle_Man: PLEASE STOP PLUGGING TOAD!!!!

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 21 Mar 1999 22:31:49 GMT

Dear Mr. Oracle_Man, whoever you are:

After reading your howl at Sequel Solutions, I became curious, and looked into a little posting history in Deja News. I see that most of your posts are ones cheering on TOAD, and flaming anything else that might be a useful Oracle tool.

[Quoted] I also noted that Arthur Kolman, in addition to promoting his own product, offers helpful answers and suggestions to other questions in this newsgroup. He seems to be actually contributing to the Oracle community's general knowledge base while putting in some occasional "why don't you try my product" suggestions.

[Quoted] To the contrary, your posts seem to have the tone of "TOAD is the only tool anyone should be using".

Now I would ask the question: Where's the Beef? All I see from you is complaints, or TOAD promotions, but nothing else.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088

In article <7cqs80$g2n$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <oracle_man_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>Every week, akolkman_at_sequel.nl searches for a message in this newsgroup as an
>excuse to paste in an entire file advertising their tools. PLEASE respond to
>them and ask them to stop. I've done so twice and yet they continue.
>
>> We have developed some interesting tools that might be interesting for you:
<snip> Received on Sun Mar 21 1999 - 23:31:49 CET

Original text of this message