Re: Starting a job from NT 4.0 Form 5.0 on to another UNIX database server

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:57:53 GMT

"Suresh Bhat" <oracleguru_at_mailcity.com> kirjoitteli seuraavaa:

>We are about to start converting our SQL*Forms 3.0 forms on SUN UNIX to
>Developer/2000, Oracle forms 5.0.
>
>Our main database instance is on UNIX server.

--snipp--

>I feel it is possible to send a job request to UNIX server from NT via
>Oracle form 5.0.
>
>Which is the best and easiest way ?

Easiest might be Oracle's Designer 2000 Server 2.1, which runs forms and reports on server, not on client.

If run on server, Forms HOST-calls would naturally work as good as before.

I just asked about this from Oracle, as we do have large reports (about half a million rows) and NT-workstations are too feeble for such a job. Unfortunately, we do have HP-UX 10.20 and Designer is only for 11. ( At least this I was told by Oracle.)

Designer Server is available on Solaris, though.

Tuomas

--
hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.