Re: Parameter Passing from Forms to Reports

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:47:06 GMT

RichardGrant <RichardGrant_at_Capgemini.co.uk> kirjoitteli seuraavaa:

>dperry wrote:
>>
>> Can someone help me out with this problem? I am using Oracle Forms 5.0 and
>> Oracle Reports 3.0. I have had success in passing parameters from forms to
>> reports, using the user parameters in my where clause for the default query
>> in Reports.. However, now I need to allow the user to select multiple values
>> and pass them as a string into one parameter, thus using that parameter in
>> the where clause (in an IN statement).. For example, my default query looks
>> like this:

 --snipp--

>You could use a lexical parameter rather than a bind parameter and pass
>in the whole subquery part of the select statement
>EG Select * from emp where emp_no in (&parameter)
>
>I haven't tried this, but it should work.

I have and it works fine. Didn't have any problems. Selects are quite strange-looking :

select t.field1, u.field2, w.field3
from table1 t, table2 w, table3 u
where &condition1

&condition2
&condition3
&condition4;

Default value for each condition has to be syntactically correct, otherwise reports can't check the query. For example, condition 2 looks like 'and w.field1=u.field4'

My problem was that I _wanted_ to use temp-table and using pre-parameter-form -trigger to select data into parameters isn't exactly an obvious solution. :-)

Tuomas

--
hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.