Required for ODBC client install on Win95 to use HP/UX Oracle database?

From: William Herrera <posting.account_at_lynxview.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:13:29 GMT

Hello folks,

We have an Oracle database running on HP/UX that is normally used by an NT Server which in turn is host to many Windows95 clients. Although these clients usually use the database only indirectly, I need to configure a perl script which will use DBI:ODBC to query the database directly. I know how to set up the perl interface already, but need help finding out what are the required drivers to interface Windows95 and HP/UX ODBC over a TCP/IP network.

I need to know (at least) two things, if you can help:

  1. What is the minimal driver installation on Win95 to use ODBC on a Windows95 client to query Oracle on HP/UX? Is the n25310b.exe file at Oracle's website what I need?
  2. The sysadmin for the servers (who does point-and-click work mostly) says that my workstation's logon to the NT server will also allow access to the HP/UX Oracle database. Is this necessarily true, or does that also require specific setup by the HP/UX administrator?

Sorry if this is vague; I am still trying to know what files I need just to begin setting up the client installation.

--Bill

---

The above from: address is spamblocked. Use wherrera (at) lynxview (dot) com for the reply address. Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 05:13:29 CET

Original text of this message