Re: sql*plus reports

From: Suresh Bhat <oracleguru_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:29:12 GMT

[Quoted] You normally would say something like

break on column1 skip 3 on column2 skip 1 on column3 skip page

where column1, column2 etc can be actual column names or aliases

If you are computing sum, avg etc. then you have to break on the columns that you want sum for:

break on x2 skip page on sorter skip 3
compute sum of mcf on sorter
compute sum of mcf on report
compute sum of mcf on x2
compute sum of mmbtus on sorter
compute sum of mmbtus on report
compute sum of mmbtus on x2

The key here is you BREAK ON the same column aliases that you have COMPUTE ON.

hth

Suresh

Deepak rajan <venkatesan.sounderarajan_at_pharma.novartis.com> wrote in article <36F11DC2.B8FE99DA_at_pharma.novartis.com>...