Dynamic Reports??? (Oracle Reports 2.5)

From: Pradeep Jain <pradeepj_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:19:23 GMT

Hi all,
    [Quoted]
  1. Is there a way to dynamically create reports in Oracle Reports 2.5??
  2. Can details/groups be hidden runtime, based on parameters entered?

My requirement is this: The groups in the report will be based on either the Organisational or Merchandising hierarchy of the Retek Merchandising System, based on the User's selection. The user can also select the level upto which he wants to get the data, and he wants to filter data for those groups too. He also wants to select which details and which subtotals he wants to see on the report. This requirement can be met only by dynamic queries/reports. Can somebody tell me if it's possible in Oracle Reports? Any suggestions on how to do it would be appreciated. Please reply to pradeepj_at_hotmail.com

Thanks
Pradeep.
Life can always get better...