Re: HIDE_VIEW problem

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:00:47 +0800

Ken Halsted wrote:

> Please help,
>
> I'm trying to hide a stacked-canvas view and I'm new at this. This is what
> I did. I created a form that has a primary canvas called 'CG$PAGE_1' (it
> came from designer this way). I created a block and a new canvas called
> 'CNV_PARAM' which has some parameters on it. It's a stacked canvas. I used
> show_view to make it appear when a user presses a button. Now I want it to
> disappear, How can I get the stacked canvas to go away, and leave me with
> the original 'CG$PAGE_1' ?
>
> I tried using hide_view but the canvas still remains.
>
> Thanks for any help at all.
>
> Ken.

Some things to try:

  1. Before issuing hide_view, make sure you are not still "in" the stacked canvas (ie your cursor is not in an item on it)...
  2. Ensure that the canvas type is not "Content"

HTH

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth, Western Australia
"Never wrestle a pig - you both get dirty and the pig likes it..."