Re: Developer Forms 5.0 FRM-41009 "Function key not allowed." Aha!

From: Mike Rainville <Michel_at_cc.mcgill.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 00:13:17 GMT

Greetings,

In case anyone else has the problem; this is the smoking gun, but not a solution.

Oracle Developer 2.0 Forms 5.0 FRM-41009 "Function key not allowed."

If the Commit_Form or COMMIT following a single row INSERT is removed, the problem symptom is eliminated; it seems that Oracle is not tolerating a user-defined Log function, where immediate COMMITs are required.

In the event that anyone at Oracle Corporation cares to try fixing THEIR problem; there are two sequences referenced as insert values, one via Currval, for session number and the other via Nextval, for log entry sequence number.

So far the SET TRANSACTION is failing to prevent the problem, and SET AUTOCOMMIT 1 didn't seem to have any effect.

The Clear and Exit functions have commits, but all the user needs to do is turn off the computer, and as far as I can see, they can get away with anything.

If anyone has figured out a workaround, please let me know.

Yours truly,
Mike Rainville
Montreal, QC, Canada Received on Thu Mar 18 1999 - 01:13:17 CET

Original text of this message