Re: Upload file to database table with OWAS

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:56:36 GMT

[Quoted] A copy of this was sent to ttol_at_vda.nl (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:26:55 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just did some research on the subject mentioned above. Using Javascript I
>could capture a filename of an object being dragged to the browser or I could
>ask the user to type in a filename.
>
>But the following step I don't have an answer for yet: how do I upload(?) the
>file to a database table column? This column should be of type RAW preferably,
>but if other datatype(s) are of better use then please comment on that point.

If you have OAS4.x, it supports this feature natively. (there are fileupload [Quoted] functions available with the pl/sql cartridge)

If you have OAS3.x or less, there exists a 'replacement' cartridge that works [Quoted] just like the pl/sql cartridge but supports file uploads. It is available from http://govt.us.oracle.com/ under downloadable utilities. You get the source [Quoted] code, you need a compiler to build it -- its in C.

>Any help greatly appreciated.
>
>Kind Regards,
>Theo

Thomas Kyte